Although the term “Sports Goggles” is used frequently for all Sport Protective Eyewear, this category can be separated into several product types. Each Product Type is as protective as the other and mostly comes down personal preference and comfort in choosing a product type.
Frames: Eyewear that is more of the traditional style of eyeglasses and comes with a frame strap to secure it in place.
- Recommended for: Those that prefer a traditional eyewear style and fit.
Goggles: Eyewear with a strap that goes above the ears and around the head.
- Recommended for: Often the preferred style for those that wear full faced helmets (e.g. ice hockey, men’s lacrosse, baseball/softball catcher)
Interchangeable: Product that is convertible between Frame and Goggle.
- Recommended for: Those that play multiple sports and want the versatility of changing from a Frame to a Goggle with one product.
We separate our frame sizes into three categories: small, medium, and large/xl. Each pair is measured across the widest part of a lens, which is called the lens diameter or Eye Size. Don't know your eye size? Follow these 3 steps!
1. Find Your Current Frame Size
Look on the inside of your everyday glasses
Your glasses are marked with 3 numbers to indicate
Lens Diameter [A]
Bridge Width [DBL]
Temple Length [TL]
*most commonly found on the inside of the temples (as shown), but may be displayed elsewhere on the frame
2. Size Up! Rec Specs Has More Frame Curvature
- Add 2-3mm to your current frame's Lens Diameter to find your Rec Specs size
- e.g. 54 + 3 = ~57mm
3. Shop for Rec Specs - Filter by Eye Size or Fit
If you're unsure about your size, we're here to help. Give us a call (888.268.9888) or try on a few different sizes with our Home Try-On
If you're wondering how you choose a pair of glasses online without trying them on, you've come to the right place. Each frame size is tagged with a width to make your sizing decision as easy as possible. Think about other things you purchase for your head; helmet or hats. If you're still unsure, you're probably a medium. Check out the images below.
Buying glasses online may be a new experience, but we're here to help you through the process! If you didn't know that glasses had sizes, you're not alone. Frame size is comprised of several elements, measured in millimeters. Each frame will have its measurements shown in the product details. e.g. [A:49 B:32.5 DBL:17 TL:135].
Check out the guide below and to find your recommended Rec Specs eye size, check out our Sizing Guide.
- A: Lens Width [Eye-Size] - The horizontal measurement of one lens
- B: Lens Height - The vertical measurement of one lens
- DBL: Distance Between Lenses [Bridge Size] - The space between the lenses
- TL: Temple Length - The length of the sides/arms of the glasses
Do your glasses sit too close to your face, or sit on your cheek bones? If you've ever experience lash-clash, when your eyelashes hit the lenses, you know what I'm talking about. Rec Specs with Low-Bridge Fit may be the answer for you. Low-Bridge Fit styles feature a deeper and narrower nosepad than Standard Fit, providing a solution to keep the frames off of your cheekbones and properly resting on your nose.
Men's Active Prescription Glasses
Whether you enjoy exploring the great outdoors, exercising at your best, or avidly playing sports, you can benefit from a secure vision correction system. Men's active prescription glasses are the perfect solution for any fast-paced adventurer with a taste for action.
Our selection of prescription sports glasses for adults includes options for multiple eye sizes—not to mention an array of color and style choices. Our team at Optics Outfitter designed these men's prescription eyeglasses to stay on and remain comfortable even in the most challenging conditions. No matter the scenario, count on our men’s active prescription glasses for your next adventure.